School bus timetables
School bus services are a safe and reliable way for students to travel. Hillsbus operates a range of regular route and dedicated school bus services to serve students everyday school day.
From Tuesday the 8 October, 2013 Region 1 Schools in the Penrith, Mt Druitt, St Marys, Windsor and Richmond areas will be operated by Busways, please go to Busways School Timetables.
From Monday the 14 October, 2013 Region 3 Schools in Liverpool, Fairfield and Holroyd areas, will be operated by Transit Systems please go to A3MC School Timetables or Transit Systems website.
School Student Transport School – Student Free Travel Passes
The School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS) provides subsidised travel for eligible school students on rail, bus, ferry and long distance coach services.
NSW Transport and Infrastructure manages the School Student Transport Scheme. Transport operators issue passes to eligible students, and schools play an important role in verifying students' eligibility and liaising with transport providers.
How do I apply for a School Bus pass?
Students may apply for a school bus pass by completing the application form available at their School Office. Student free travel passes are available to primary and high school students who live outside a certain distance from their school.
How do I know if a student is eligible for a School pass?
To be eligible for subsidised travel under the School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS) students should:
- Be 4 years 6 months of age or older.
- Be an infant student i.e. attending kindergarten, year 1 and 2 classes, irrespective of the distance from home to school.
- Be a primary student (year 3-6), and reside more than 1.6 kilometres (radial distance) from the school attended measured on a radius from the centre of the school site, or 2.3 kilometres or more by the most direct practicable walking route to the nearest point of physical entry to the school.
- Be a secondary student (year 7-12), and reside more than 2.0 kilometres (radial distance) from the school attended, measured on a radius from the centre of the school site, or 2.9 kilometres or more by the most direct practicable walking route to the nearest point of physical entry to the school.
- Be enrolled at a registered day school.
The eligibility of applications are checked using computer mapping software. If you are uncertain about the distances, we recommend you submit the application for verification. Further details of eligibility may be found on the Transport for NSW website.
When do I need to apply for a School pass for next term?
A student needs to complete a new school pass application form if they:
- are applying for the first time
- have changed residential address
- have changed schools
- move from Year 2 to Year 3
- move from Year 6 to Year 7
- are repeating a school year
To ensure you receive your free student travel pass at the start of the school year, application forms should be handed to your School Office before the end of the previous school term, i.e. December 2010 for February 2011.
What if my School Bus Pass is lost or stolen?
Parents or guardians must apply for a replacement school bus pass, which will cost $10.00. Students will be expected to pay the fare until a new pass is issued. Replacement bus passes can be purchased from your local depot, or a cheque/money order can be posted to:
Po Box 2147
North Parramatta NSW 1750
Click below for a Replacement School Bus Pass Form -
Application for Replacement of Travel Pass (339.04kB)
Can I purchase a School Bus Pass if not eligible for a free pass?
Students who are not eligible for free travel can purchase a Term, Semester or Yearly School Bus Pass. Semester passes provide small subsidy on the cost of single tickets for the remainder of that term.
Click below for a Paid School Bus Pass Form -
Application for the Purchase of School Semester (487.10kB)
The recent MyZone ticket system provides a new ticket that is suitable for students travelling on buses without a free travel pass. The MyBus Travelten tickets provide a 20% discount if tickets are pre-purchased, details available in the Bus Fares webpage.
Need some assistance?
Our School Passes Customer Service staff can be contacted between the hours of 8:30am until 4:30pm, Monday to Friday:
Contact by phone - 02 9890 0000 (select option 2 in the phone prompt menu)
Contact by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Westbus Depot's are located:
9-19 Bonnyrigg Avenue
Bonnyrigg NSW 2177
98 Magowar Road
Girraween NSW 2145
Westbus St Marys
93 Lee Holm Road
St Marys NSW 2760
Windsor NSW 2756